01-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #18
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
I know the foreman @ Open Road BMW, and he told me that an M car should burn 1 liter of oil per 1000km, according to BMW and their books on the car.
A NON-M car should burn 1 liter per 1500 km.

Seemed a little high, but this guy is serious and knows what he is talking about, he is the shop foreman afterall.
I know that guy too. He's probably the only good guy at that dealership.

My question is; if the M burns 1 liter of oil every 1000km and the car recommends oil changes every 15000km (or whatever according to the way the car is driven), won't the car be without oil by the time you get an oil change? I mean is it the responsibility of the owner to keep filling the car up with oil?

BTW, I only have 3990km on my car but I plan on doing the oil change every 5-7K and not follow the recommended oil change schedule.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0