View Single Post
      03-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarReviewBMW View Post
In a way, finally getting the #1 US luxury sales crown was bad for BMW fans but great for the company.
Prior to BMW getting that #1 spot, they never cared about volume sales the way they did now. They were very happy to be top 3 and gather a huge fanbase and buying consumer base of loyal fans that loved them for their performance and pure raw aggressive fun. After getting the 'Luxury Crown', they started caring about making sure they are #1, trying to chase down Mercedes in a way they never tried with Lexus and is now all about volume selling. Once again this is very good for the Brand, just bad for the fanbase that was attracted to the 'Old BMW style'.
I disagree. Its good from a money stand point, but not from a product stand point. The cars are watered down and there are way too many models now. Its non sense. They used to be about a balance of luxury and performance, now they are ugly, heavy, overpriced, look-a-likes that no longer perform as they once did. And by performance I mean chassis dynamics and steering. Thats what they've always been know for. All the way from the 3 series on up the line. I used to love BMW. I've had a few and so have many of my family members, but todays BMW sucks.
Appreciate 0