02-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #46
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
Aight...well hit it up this weekend and good luck! Watch out for starting at the top of 2nd gear..can be too much wheel spin(what I did)..want to start for low in rpm range in 2nd and hold on
Sam, thanks for the luck and we'll see what happens. I do have the 3.62 diff, so my car may start in a different gear compared to yours. I'll do some practice runs and see what we can put down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
No problem -

"Handful" of cars maybe too general, I will try and be more specific for you. I know of 3 Gintani cars that are OTS kits. These Gintani cars are local to me, I've seen them, we pal around together now and then at car meets, etc. and one of the owners is a BMW tech. Their cars do have thousands of miles on them, from what they've told me, I know they've had them on the cars for a good amount of time.

I have not seen an ESS car in Socal, not sure if there is one, regardless I have no doubt there will be eventually, but I do know of three ESS cars that have posted about the amount of milage that are on certain cars, you, Roman and their track car. I have an interest in both kits, currently they both appear to be reliable and fast, there is nothing wrong with comparing them, of course in a mature and level headed way.

I would love to see some times from you, and did appreciate your runs with Jim's car. These three things satisfy me the most! But please don't feel the need to have to do them for me, lol, I was just stating what interests me, cleary others might not care for this stuff, fair enough.

1. Vbox times - 60-130MPH, verified no more than 3% slope
2. 1/4 mile times, ET's are what get all the attention, but traps tell you a great deal
3. Comparo runs - Nothing like lining them up, but of course only when safe to do so.

I appreciate your clarification and also your request for what you are looking for to measure the car's performance. I'm going to do the VBOX runs this weekend for sure and then I'll try to work on the 1/4 times and traps. Comparo runs are more difficult to setup, but if I run them I'll post them up. One of these days we will get all the SC cars together and do some serious comparos! At any rate, driving these SC M3's is exhilarating and thrilling.

GTS
Appreciate 0