05-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
It's kind of hard to answer which product is the "best". There's a lot of products out there and the best one is the one that works best for you and your car. I recommend browsing some of the other threads on this forum to see what other peoples' experiences were with different products. A lot of the detailing products that vendors on here sell on their site won't be found at your local auto store so it's best to browse the threads. If you're new to detailing keep in mind that just because you buy the most expensive and "best" products out there, that doesn't mean your results will be the same as a professional or avid detailer. It takes time and practice.

Hopefully others will chime in with suggestions and thoughts on products they've tried to give you some ideas. In my opinion polish is the key step in detailing b/c paint correction is how you remove swirls, holograms, light scratches, etc... so I would do some research and find a product with a balance in how affective the polish is and how easy it is to use. Since you have a new car, don't forget to clay your car since mostly likely there will be contaminants that give the gritty feeling if you run your hand slightly across the paint. I'd suggest any medium grade clay bar.

As far as tire shine, I prefer any water based tire shine to prevent any slinging onto the body of the car. The only issue for some is that water based tire shine won't be as glossy but more matte. Hope some of this helps. I'm sure others will help with some input. Feel free to email or pm me as well. Good luck
Appreciate 0