04-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #47
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
I have been following all the threads regarding after market spring with EDC. I want to get some after market springs but want to ensure my warranty is not affected and that I am actually gaining something other than looks (although I do like the look of a slightly lower than stock M3). I have a few questions for those who have this setup.

1. How long have you had the setup (miles / years)?

2. Have you had any issues with the dealership and the associated warranty?

3. Do the springs improve performance both on the street and on track?

4. Is the ride harsher?

5. Any problems as a result of the springs?
1) Had a set of H&R springs for four months/6000 miles.

2) No warranty issues at all, this is not something that even comes close to voiding the warranty--it's simply taking the old springs out and putting new one in.

3) The do improve performance on track, they make it much more flat when during aggressive direction change.

4) The ride is a little bit more harsh, but its still very comfortable in the comfort setting.

5) Only problem so far has been clearance issues, for example my dumbass dealer bottomed my car out and broke the plastic skid plate underneath. This isn't that big a deal as they replaced it (though I had to make them do it) and now that I'm past 15,000 miles I don't plan on getting the dealer to do any more work on my car any way.

For the money, its the best mod that you can do. I would go with H&R over any others as they are tired and true and many on this forum can vouch for the quality. Hope this helps--JC
Appreciate 0