View Single Post
      08-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
nuzey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Dealership detuned my car (to stock)

I have recently went to the dealership to have my car inspected because I want to make sure it is in good shape before I transport it to Vegas. So I told my SA to double check every aspect of the car; engine, transmission, ecu, chassis and everything else.

While the tech was on it, the car suddenly has a CEL. They checked the code and found nothing. So then he requested another day for the car to be in there for more diagnosis. A few hours later, he called me back and asked if I had any performance software upgrade on the car and I said no. Now, the problem is actually yes, my car had Powerchip stage 1 tune. I did not want to say I did because it will void my warranty. Besides, Powerchip claimed that dealerships will not know about the car being tuned (turned out that way fortunately). Car never had CEL issue since the tune so I think it is not because of the tune. SA then told me there's an increase airflow in the car system and the tech is trying to figure out why. They wanted another day so I said okay.

The next day came and SA called to tell me the car is ready and has no more CEL issues. I went to pick it up and right after I started the car, I noticed something was off. My exhausts sounded different. It is definitely not as aggressive as before. So I had a suspicion that they detuned the car without telling me since I said I did not have a tune to escape warranty void. I know for certain that they detuned it when I reached home, switched off the car and took out my key to realize that the doors are not unlocked. Now, I had coded the car so that when I took out the key, the doors will unlock automatically. This tells me that the dealership has detuned the car.

Do you guys think the dealership detuned the car? Should I talk to Powerchip about this since they said it will not pop a CEL? Help me out guys. I am just unhappy right now because my exhaust does not have the old and louder aggressive tone