11-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I wil agree with the last part and call bs on the first. If you don't have 100s of laps of experience your not keeping up with pros unless you mean keeping up on the straight-away when they are in a miata. Just for reference I've driven 100 laps in a single day numerous times. I've driven 1000s of laps and only pros I would say I'm faster than are in lesser cars, ie they are still far better than me.
LOL! yeah that isn't what I ment at all...wrong choice of words, but I do ok on the track against the Miata club. But I did get some respect from a couple of instructor drivers at a few Track Events in England when I was stationed in Europe. But by no means can I push the M3 like a pro.

What I ment is I would like to run with pads that'll hold up better than the OEM pads. I've experianced the OEM pads on tracks, especially Nurburngring where there it was very evident of the pad material melting onto the disc face and there was a good deal of fade and "griddy" vibration for a few hundred Km until the pad material wears off with normal street driving. I currently have an APracing BBK installed and experianced AP's capability on the track too, which is more than enough for me. But I will have to go back to OEM brakes for a while (testing purposes) so I'd like pads that can hold up better than OEM is what I'm after.

Hope that clears that up.

Last edited by BimmerRob08; 11-03-2013 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0