View Single Post
      02-14-2014, 04:35 AM   #53
BMW Fanatik
Banned
Rep
Drives: slow

I did not want to call you a moron in my first post. However, you are a moron.

I too live in Canada - Calgary to be exact, I would bet that buying local over here would be even more expensive than when you are 'Pinz'.

The tires being BMW approved have nothing to do with the rims safety, it's like saying that the BMW approved tires are good enough for a Bugatti Veyron's rims...see how stupid that sounds?

Also, there are TWO 18" options, not just one like you keep mentioning (in the process making yourself sound like a dumbass)...1) is the OEM winter package option aka style 270 - this is an 18x8 Front & Rear rim size and a 235/40/18 Front & Rear tire size. 2) is OEM standard option wheels aka style 219 - this is 18x8.5 Front and 18x9.5 Rear and a 255/40/18 Front & Rear tire size. 1) can be had at under $2,000 USED like I mentioned and I bought 2) at $1,100.

Just a couple of points too; you mention initially that VMR's take 6 weeks to get to Canada, that's your vendors bs or your personal bs as I got mine from a vendor on here at a substantial discount $1,000~ INCLUDING shipping + taxes + fees in JUST 8 DAYS - even with tires (295/30/19 and 265/30/19 - which are WAY more expensive than your winter sizes) I paid less than $2,700 installed AT MY HOUSE, NOT HAVING TO DRIVE ANYWHERE OR WAIT AROUND AIMLESSLY! Also, now you say that you never said your wheels were 'quality wheels' yet whenever somebody was to hate on them you would defend them to the end of the earth.

Give me PROOF that they are NOT the problem and this will be a different conversation...for now I am done with this thread and I just wanted to leave you a little essay so you know how it feels for the rest of us when you go on endlessly, you moron.

--

STYLE 219 with 255/40/18 Front & Rear for $1,100!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinz View Post
You, Sir, need to get your facts together. Tires for the M3 are not cheap, tax in Canada is ridiculous. I didn't spend a 'vast' amount. I tried buying a set here, I would only deal with local, and I couldn't find one before the temperatures started to drop. I went to a reputable vendor to get suggestions about what I should get, and then I went to a different place to do the same. And guess what, another place. And they all had very similar options. The only aftermarket wheels whose name I recognize was VMR. The only OEM option was crappy 18" wheels, which I did not want. You have to respect people's wishes and beliefs, even if you disagree with them. I didn't make any claims, like, "my wheels are better quality than OEM". No, I know what I'm doing, and I thought that by consulting BMW and tire/wheel "experts", it would be an even safer bet. If BMW wanted my money, why would they tell me to get aftermarket wheels if I didn't like the 18" option? I made sure the tires I got where BMW approved also.

And the reason I won't admit that they are the problem because there is no PROOF that they are. In fact, everything suggests that they are NOT the problem. Now I don't know when our society switched to being driven by faith instead of fact, but I still believe that if you want to state a universal truth, you need to back it up as fact, or else it's entirely your opinion. This is not the case anymore? I am totally humoured by all the posters who go along with the crowd and try to prove me wrong (which they can't, they don't have the car). And when I prove them wrong, they start calling me a liar because they can't swallow that they are the ones who are wrong. Oh the irony!

Last edited by BMW Fanatik; 02-14-2014 at 04:41 AM..
Appreciate 0