View Single Post
      05-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #73
Ernst Henne
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3

OK... I had to register and jump in on this one. Two months ago, I had the SES light illuminate on my 2012 M3 with 6000 miles. Like others have stated, the car ran fine, but the light was on.

Fast forward to today... The dealer has had my car in twice, most recently, for three weeks. They cannot find the issue causing the SES... It's apparently a restricted flow of the secondary air on one cylinder bank. They've replaced damn near everything, but cannot find the issue. Their claiming an obstruction within the cylinder head such as a casting flaw or foreign object.

Finally, they wanted to replace the cylinder head (which I was not in favor of) but could not because none are available in the US or Germany. Soooo, now they are wanting to replace the ENTIRE ENGINE!

Unbelievable... There's a lot more to the story, but I'm out of time. I'm not in favor of this option. The first time I took the car in, they replaced the secondary air valve and left off some fasteners scratched the micro filter covers up with an air ratchet amongst other sloppy workmanship.

Alright... Time to meditate.
Appreciate 0