08-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #122
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
The new 5 is brilliant but only with the right rims and suspension package. Even if you wait for the M/Sport pack I would still chose the adaptive suspension option because it covers all bases with it's multiple settings. Yes it's heavy but all modern cars are, especially in this category and as for the steering not being great on feel, I say find me one of it's competitors that are much better.

Personally this is the best 5 series since the E39.
I have to disagree with that assessment. Look on the 5 series forum and you will also find that previous gen. 5 series owners and most who test drive the car are disappointed, excluding looks and all the electronic gizmos. Have you driven the car? If so, I'm really suprised you feel it's the best since the e39. I feel the e60 is a much better drivers car in all respects from steering to handling. It's now more like a luxury sedan as opposed to a sports sedan. As for the steering, I agree it may be better than competitors, but it's becoming more like their steering instead of an improvement. The hydraulic steering had much better feel/feedback. Also, I read somewhere on here that the M sport pack suspension may not be available in the U.S. If it is, you cannot get the adaptive suspension along with the M suspension. See the following thread:
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...=sport+package

Last edited by erio; 08-03-2010 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0