Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
There is a reason that we call him Crashilton
Not all of us, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwSC8 View Post
Massa had to crawl back to the pit on 3 tires. Granted, Hamilton had wing damage, but I'd rather have that than my rear right tire missing.
Massa fed back into p20 after he finally made it back to the pits.
Hamilton fed to p16 after his new front wing, and then ended up in p23 after his drive through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Hamilton out-braked himself and locked up prior to turn-in. Rather than going wide, he just decided to turn in on Massa causing the incident. How that wasn't 100% Hamilton's fault and completely unnecessary, I have no idea. I think he was justifiably punished for the error.
As you say, it was an error. No more, no less. He certainly didn't intend to do it as he would have eventually passed Massa in another couple of laps and could have contended for a podium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
He definitely has made some bonehead decisions, but
I think it's partially due to pushing harder on a less completive car.
I think this says most of it. Hamilton was fighting hard to try to win. Then he gets dealt a spade and has to push harder. All of this started from his qualifying which twice, for no fault of his own he was hampered by bad luck. (Puncture and the refuelling delay) This left him down the field and behind his teammate on the start. After the first corner he got pidgeon holed into p8 and there was really nothing he could have done about it.

Last edited by UltimateBMW; 09-26-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0