View Single Post
      03-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #37
B R A N D X®
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast Cars!

For three years before I purchased my E90 I had envisioned owning an M3 in Coupe form, Alpine White with CF roof. There's a reason so many of the folks here own that configuration. It looks incredible, has performance benefits (the CF roof.....not the color) and is a unique touch that really makes the E92 stand out from more run-of-the-mill 3-Series cars.

In the end, I went with a sedan because I have two kids and there was just something about the revised version of the sedan's rear that I liked.....perhaps a bit more muscular.

I didn't end up with the M3 I figured I would, but I'm very happy with the sedan and while I doubt I would miss the sunroof, I do cock it up at the rear for ventilation pretty frequently.

Now if BMW would make the rear quarter windows (I think that's what they're called) on the E92's crack open like they did on the E46 M3......that would be waaay cool. It would most likely serve just as well as the sunroof for ventilation purposes.

Best of all worlds.

Get what you like. if you don't want or figure you'll use a sunroof, CF is the way to go for performance alone IMO. The super sexy look is a pretty nice bonus.

I would even consider having IND replace my roof with a CF roof if the photos I've seen of the work being done didn't terrify me. I'm sure IND would do it right, but from the photos I've seen of this mod being done elsewhere it looks like the car gets torn apart pretty good in the process!

Hey Nate.....take and post some pics of you guys doing this install next time one comes along. I'd love to see some photos of a carbon fiber roof swap that doesn't look like it's being done in a SoCal Chop Shop!
"A toast then: To the BMW M3, the greatest all-around car in the world."
-Arthur St. Antoine, Motor Trend Magazine's Editor at Large

Last edited by B R A N D X®; 03-04-2011 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0