View Single Post
      04-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #153
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
Do you get any rubbing at all with the 275 upfront at that height? Full lock doesn't touch the fender liners?
The owner of the car already responded but I thought I would add a little info. I am on clubsports but my ride height is a little higher. I have 275/35/18's (Michelin PSS) on 9.5" wheels as well. I have run them at et22 without any rubbing on the fender liners even at full lock. Unfortunately the KW coilover spring showed signs of slight rubbing on the inside (slight black scuff on the spring). I then added a spacer to achieve et15. The inner rubbing was solved but the tire now slightly rubs the liner at full lock. No rubbing during compression while driving. I think the magic offset for a 275mm tire on a 9.5" wheel is probably somewhere in between et22 and et15. I will report back after I experiment one more time with et17. No matter what, negative camber is necessary to run these sizes.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0