View Single Post
      10-03-2008, 03:07 AM   #76
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Having the weight in the rear of the car has no advantage in braking other than on the straight and narrow. Are you sure you have driven a 911 in anger because on all the occasions that I have I found that a slow in approach was the only manner which worked and the thing would quickly change from understeer to oversteer in any corner when a little too much throttle was applied.

The GTR has a weight balance that is in between that of Audi quattros and the BWM M3 (i.e. 54/46). This means that the GTR will be able to brake deeper into the corner than the Porsche and with it's (generally agreed) most advanced awd in the world it can also get on the power sooner than the Porsche as well.

P.S.
RWD cars aren't quicker in competition, the truth is that AWD has an unfair advantage and were banned from every form of motorsport, with the exception of rally based forms of motorsport.

P.S.
It's not mob rules, this is not a bunch of idiots with no knowledge of the subject in question. Even if it was the facts speak for themselves, the GTR is quicker in every test that has been independently conducted, to deny this fact places you in the 'bunch of idiots' group.

i.e. Pissing in to the wind.
Footie don't start with that banned nonsense. Audi has the world convinced AWD is some unfair advantage, they were banned in rally racing, not road racing. Road racing series have strict regulations for these types of things. RWD is lighter with lower drivetrain losses, an elise would not be faster with AWD for example. The GT2 is faster RWD... lighter and more powerful. Where is the turbo's grip advantage?

I don't see any source to back up the claim that the GTR can get on the power out of a turn sooner than a 911, especially an AWD 911.

Put me into the bunch of idiots group, I am not buying what Nissan is dishing out. Porsche knows the ring unlike any manufacturer, if they say it can't be done, it can't be done.
Appreciate 0