United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

NCC Spring Tour: Tail of the Dragon

Spring Tour 2013

Biltmore, Waterfalls

Tail of the Dragon

DEPARTURE 0630

AS REMINDER, THIS IS NOT A SHOW UP AND DRIVE EVENT. EVERYONE ATTENDING MUST REGISTER.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CCA MEMBER OR DRIVE A BMW TO ATTEND.

ITINERARY UPDATE 3/18:

THE DINNER ON FRIDAY NIGHT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THURSDAY NIGHT. I WAS ALERTED TO A VERY POPULAR STREET FESTIVAL ON FRIDAY EVENING IN DOWNTOWN ASHEVILLE. THE LINK IS BELOW IN THE ITINERARY.

BMW OF ASHEVILLE WILL HOST A FOR US RECEPTION ON SATURDAY EVENING.

ATTENDEE UPDATE:

1. FOR TIDEWATER CHAPTER MEMBERS AND DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE IN TARHEEL AND BLUE RIDGE CHAPTER AREAS THE MEET POINT WILL BE THE FIRST REST STOP ON I-85 SOUTH IN NORTH CAROLINA A FEW MILES SOUTH OF THE NC/VA STATELINE.

2. FOR OTHER TARHEEL AND BLUE RIDGE CHAPTER MEMBERS THE MEET POINT WILL BE THE LUNCH STOP AT HILLBILLY HIDEAWAY.

3. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AT THE GROVE PARK INN ON SUNDAY WHILE THE REST OF US ARE AT TAIL OF THE DRAGON, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER HAS NO DESIRE TO BE A PASSENGER ON THE TAIL. DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE GOING TO THE SPA SHE IS WILLING TO SPLIT A RENTAL CAR OR VAN IF NEEDED.

This year’s National Capital Chapter of the BMW Car Club Spring Tour will be 16 May 2013 – 20 May 2013 to Asheville, NC. We will tour and lunch at the Biltmore Estate, drive some great back roads as we tour a few waterfalls and lastly we will drive the Tail of the Dragon a time or two or three or four.

Take the time to visit the Asheville visitor site for other activities: http://www.exploreasheville.com/

Book a spa treatment at The Grove Park Inn, visit the many microbreweries, or take in Asheville's bohemenian downtown. There is plenty to do.

If you have never heard about or driven the Dragon, then Google is your friend.

This tour will follow our usual format of a drivers' meet at the start and the dispersal of a packet with turn-by-turn directions and other important information.

The TWO hotel options are:

Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

The Hilton Asheville is located in a town center with movie theater, restaurants and other amenities.

You can either book online using our personalized page: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/p...14/index.jhtml

or

You can call the hotel direct at 1-828-209-2700 and reference the BMW Car Club.

Single & Double $159/night

Triple $169/night

Quad $179/night

The other hotel venue:

Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore South $79/night. About 1/2 mile away from Hilton.

Call 1-828-684-6688 to book rooms.

Schedule:

Thursday 16 May –

Depart Dale City, Va 0630hrs

Lunch: Hillbilly Hideaway

Dinner: Black Forest Restaurant www.blackforestasheville.com

Friday 17 May -

Biltmore Estate (early opening for us for photo op with car in front of Biltmore, tour and lunch at DeerPark Restaurant) www.biltmore.com

Lunch: Biltmore Estate

Dinner: If you want there a street festival in downtown Asheville. http://www.ashevilledowntown.org/dow...harmony-motors

Saturday 18 May-

Waterfall tour

Dinner: Reception at BMW of Asheville

Sunday 19 May-

Tail of the Dragon and surrounding roads

Dinner: Tupelo Honey www.tupelohoneycafe.com

Monday 20 May

Departure

REGISTRATION

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0