Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
I don't know if that is true. Like I have said many times, the people that buy a 328 (and 99 percent that buy a 335) do so because they could not afford an m3, so its natural they want the "pinnacle" of the class of car they looked at. I had a 6 banger bmw and wanted the M version. Not to say I did not still really enjoy my car but I lusted after "more" I still lust over more but does not mean you cannot enjoy it.
I cannot agree with you here for the simple fact that back in 1987 when I purchased our first new BMW I looked also at the M5 and drove both the M5 and the 535is. We decided on the 535is not the M5. Not because we could not afford the M5 we simply at that time preferred the 535is more. It was certainly not a question of money at the time it was a question of preference and a family decision.

I'm sure if you make this statement in the 3 series forum you would get a lot of flack my friend. Besides a lot of 3 series drivers look into this forum and flack might just be coming your way for making such a broad and unsubstantiated statement. I'm asking myself what gives you the inside to other peoples finances?

This is a technical 3m forum we should not discuss finances here or who can and cannot afford an M3 ... what do you think?

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0