05-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
since im a dude and dont keep a daily journal of my life... ill use the forum as my way to document my life:

driving down the road in my e90 m3 the other day i pull up next to a guy in a honda s2000. he had just purchased it and had the optional hard top on it and exhaust. we were merging to the highway. as we get to the on ramp he continues at normal speed and waits until we are side by side on the highway already doing 55mph when he honks 3 times to indicate he is ready to race me with no prior acknowledgement from me that i was interested in racing his car. we're doing 55 mph... my immediate thoughts were to hold up a sign saying 'youre doing it wrong'... as he finished his 3rd honk he floors it and guaranteed he didnt break 75 miles per hour after another few seconds. maybe he should have invested in an intercooler to help his hoover vacuum make it in the arizona heat!

second rant:

driving down a 45mph residential road I get revved at by none other than a ford focus hatch back. not a modded out rally version, but a bone stock manual transmission one. I smiled at him and rolled my window up to avoid the dreadful sound of his car. he drove a dirt devil rather than a hoover.

3rd rant:

fella driving an orange c63 with gold chrome letters saying 'QTR' (qatar?) on its trunk was behind me and as I had to turn in to my neighborhood he decides to floor it past me using the method of "im going to wait until you have your signal on and are braking before i floor it at your bumper and try to clip your drivers side by barely moving into the other lane" which so many other similar cars to ours tend to do.

maybe i should have bought a more subtle color? i have lemans blue... vibrant in the day, dark and mysterious at night. getting tired of people driving like donkeys behind and around me!

at any rate... i suppose it is nice to have people recognize that our cars are a step above in class, quality, engineering, and speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
Hate to say it but you sound like a bit of a snob.
for sure. but I think that's partly his sense of humor as well. I enjoyed reading the "journal entries." I see plenty of this shit every week too, so I think most of us can relate.
Appreciate 0