View Single Post
      04-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
M3-DCT
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
If you don't track the car at all, and rarely find yourself driving at high speeds, then jump down from a Max performance tire to something with a slightly lower speed rating. On my E46 M3 vert I replaced my Pilot Sports w/ some Dunlops (I think; may have been Bridgestones. I just remember that they had an awesome snakeskin looking tread pattern) and the ride was better, and the tires lasted almost twice as long for less $$.
Well .. the OP is after all in FL .. so your choice is wide. Yokohama Advan Sport .. seems to get some good reviews in the Max Performance Tire categories.

What about considering UHP A/S tires? I haven't personally used them but I've heard incredible things about them. They have excellent wet weather traction, wear well, quiet and only compromise a bit of handling.

Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position RE960AS and Michelin Pilot sport A/S Plus come to mind. Both have great review on tirerack.

Of course you could stick to performance all year round since you weather permits.
Appreciate 0