gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
I have 13k miles and am on my 3rd set of tires. Combo of some track time, and awesome NJ potholes. My first set of rears was down to 4/32nds (BMW's cutoff for warranty replacement) by 8k miles.

If you don't track the car at all, and rarely find yourself driving at high speeds, then jump down from a Max performance tire to something with a slightly lower speed rating. On my E46 M3 vert I replaced my Pilot Sports w/ some Dunlops (I think; may have been Bridgestones. I just remember that they had an awesome snakeskin looking tread pattern) and the ride was better, and the tires lasted almost twice as long for less $$.
BMW warranties against road hazard or did you pay extra for the warranty? Hit a pothole a few weeks back and have 2 bubbles on one of my front right tires. Great NJ roads.

As for the OP, I would stick with PS2's. With that said, I just put some INVO's on my wife's car and I have to say they might be just as good as the PS2's. Soft, quiet, great traction in dry/wet, and they're much cheaper than PS2's. Not sure about long term since we put them on about 2 weeks back. If you're on a budget, get the INVO's. As for myself I'm sticking with the PS2's.
Appreciate 0