View Single Post
      10-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

New 1/4 Mile World record for M3 with full weight & street Tires

Last week a bunch of buddies went to Atco for a private rental drag race. Since an AA 625 kit was going to be there, I wanted to see if we could answer once and for all if AA has some type of mid-range torque advantage over our ESS vortech blower.

I showed up with full weight, street tires, and no excuses. I filled up with 93 octane, and mixed in a couple of gallons of E85 to see if it would help. I planned to data log the entire event and run as many runs as I could. I wanted no excuses. Then when it was all done, I wanted to post up everything I had and let you be the judge.

We connected the Video vBox to the car, and was able to tap into the car's computers to collect more data. I wanted to show everything out in the open and show as much data as possible. I wanted to show exactly what this car is capable of and how well the car handles the ESS supercharger kit.

Here's a picture of the Video vBox set up, and here's what's included:

This picture shows the following info:
  • GPS speed
  • RPM
  • Steering
  • Traction Control (wheel slippage)
  • O = Oil Temp (c)
  • W = Water Temp (c)
  • G = Gas Pedal
  • B = Brake Pedal
  • ATemp = Ambient Temperature (as seen by the car's computer)
  • APress = Ambient (atmospheric) Pressure (as seen by the car's computer)

A buddy helped me collect the data. He has a portable weather station so he was able to capture all of the weather and density altitutude (DA) that affects how much power our cars make.

When it was all said and done, I made 55 passes at the 1/4 mile. Not all of them were good. I experimented with meth-on, meth-off, launch control on, launch control off, etc.

At the end of the day, I set the world record for fastest trap speed ( correction Erm "Ricky " set this record not me ! But I'll take second place for trap ... For now ) for a full weight car, and quickest ET for a full weight car. In fact other than a factory prepared car, I set the fastest ET for any M3 in the 1/4 mile -- full weight or not.

The car:
  • Vehicle: BMW E92 M3
  • Owner: M33 (Zim)
  • Supercharger: ESS Tuning VT2-650 +Meth
  • Boost: 8.0 PSI
  • Rated HP: 650 chp
  • Midpipe: Challenge
  • Exhaust: Meisterschaft
  • CAT Delete: Primary
  • Hi-Flow CAT: Secondary
  • Tires: R888
  • Gasoline: 93 Octane (80%), E-85 (20%)
  • Transmission: DCT
  • * 650 chp before +meth upgrade
Fastest ET:

Fastest Trap:

Videos:

Here's a few of my best runs including my two world record runs.

Last edited by m33; 10-23-2012 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0