View Single Post
      03-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #7
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU View Post
Thanks for the reply. Oddly I did a search before I opened this post and didn't find those threads.

The threads were extremely informative but at times somewhat confusing. I am looking for street accelleration (like many in the thread) as my primary objective but without losing accelleration 60mph to 90mph. They might be opposing objectives but my main concern right now is this really is a non reversalble mod of which could create some issues down the road should I want to sell.

As for Dinan, I am surprised to hear some of the current issues while driving in D mode but like jmflukeiii I rarely drive it in D.

I am not sure this mod is worth the money at this point but a little more research is in order.
From what you are wanting, I think it is the perfect modification. 60-90 is not such a problem because no matter what gear you are in, you can flick down to 2 and finish that move off in 3 stock. So no, you shouldn't lose acceleration, you'll just be in different gears. In fact, that move would probably then best be accomplished solely in 3rd gear without a shift in between which might make it faster. I don't know, speaking from theory and little experience.

I couldn't care less about the D problem as I said before. The point you bring up that could be an issue is the resale value later. I would rather buy the car with the mod on it; I do mostly city driving or short stretches of highway and as such a differential (in theory) should make the car much "quicker" for that. Obviously, if someone is buying your car for a freeway commute, it would not be best. Yet I wouldn't want to buy this car for a freeway commute alone anyway...
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0