Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoo085
I only got my first new car when I was 30 and began my 17 years and counting in various locations around the world. OK, it was a MB 190E 2.3, and ever since I've had pretty nice cars. I did own two BMW's, a 5 and a 7, before then but they were both used.

When I was 16, I was riding around on a bicycle, not riding around in 30,000 - 40,000 dollars worth of fine machinery.

But regardless, if parents can afford that for their kids then that's ok. I can afford to buy my son a BMW, or support him until he finishes university and finds a job. Not both.
Some parents support their kids with luxuries (Expensive car, expensive housing just to get away from them, expensive education, then give them a business for free when they flunk in school) well into the kids' late 20s to 30s.

I personally know people like I described above, SOME parents do that, not ALL. But still, it's something I completely do not understand. But I guess if they can afford to do that, they'd think it's "good" for their kids. Who are we to judge?
Appreciate 0