Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
The reality is that it is fucking simple to fix. It is way too easy for anybody with mental health problems (or not) to buy guns and assault rifles.

To say that teachers should be armed is so stupid it blows my mind! Yeah, let's give elementary school teachers handguns to stop a crazy fuck with an assault rifle. How do we train them? A couple of hours of safety courses on the gun range?

I'm a trained soldier and let me tell you there is a big fucking difference between firing a gun in a controlled environment, and shooting under enormous stress... even with intensive training. Anybody who suggests that has no clue. This only works if you have trained extensively that you start doing things automatically.

To say that there is no simple solution is living in a fantasy land. The solution is gun control. Will it solve everything? No. But it is a start. You can do far more damage with an assault rifle than with some home made weapon. And give me one good reason why anybody outside the military or law enforcement should own an assault rifle?

I'm not opposed to guns, they serve a purpose, I used them, but they have no place in untrained hands. And again, I'm not talking about a simple concealed carry course.
Why do you keep talking about assault rifles? This was done with a couple of handguns... Care to explain to me what your version of an assault rifle is?

FWIW, I'm not agreeing with arming teachers to the teeth, but disarming everyone isn't the answer either. How many guns did Timothy McVeigh use to kill 150+ people and injure almost 600?

Last edited by Templar; 12-15-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0