View Single Post
      06-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #371
lve2xlr8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Just updated my software with my evolve setup, Sal had the file sent to me within hours of my request along with a new tune. The whole process took 30 minutes and it was straight forward with zero issues.

Impressions:
The first thing I've noticed and the most obvious difference is dct behavior, especially in the auto modes. Whereas before the transmission was sluggish when cold, it now shifts flawlessly when cold and perfectly smooth. It also handles shifts when going from heavy throttle to light throttle (in the midst of a shift) much better. The transmission is perfect now, even shifts from 2-1 at awkward (~10mph) speeds is much improved and the transmission always responds whereas before it would sometimes ignore the command and I'd have to do it again. Slow traffic shifts from1-2 and 2-1 back and forth is without complaint now.

As for power it definitely feels stronger than ever and partial throttle feels much more linear and enjoyable (although this might be partially because of my evolve tune).

I'd recommend everyone do this upgrade, especially if you're dct.
Appreciate 0