View Single Post
      07-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
It's been almost 2 months since i got the Porsche. I still drive the m but I find myself driving it less and less. The Porsche is simply more fun to drive and while I love the engine in the m3, sometimes it can get a little bit tiresome. The whine of the engine and abrupt throttle response can get a little old. The power delivery in the Porsche feels more natural, feels smoother and more linear. But when it's time to WOT you gotta love te screaming high revving engine in the m3. All in all I'm quite happy with the Porsche, it's very low to the ground, small, sporty and the steering is brilliant. I don't really use much trunk space and the rear seats are useless to me because I don't have any kids. I would not recommend a turbo 911 to anyone, stick with the NA 3.6 or 3.8. You will enjoy it a lot more!!
Believe it or not the rear seats in the 997 weren't bad for small kids. The issue is I am in the real estate field and do have to drive clients sometimes. Even in the E92 M3 I have fit over 6" tall clients in the rear and they fit.

There is also a certain "cachet" about a Porsche that isn't quite there with the M3, I will definitely admit that. Although it took sometime for me to realize this and I believe this is when I started to feel the car.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0