View Single Post
      04-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Seadog
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911 GTS

Replacing E92 M3

After 3 years and 25K miles I've decided to replace my E92 DCT M3 with a Carrera GTS. This has not been an easy decision as my M3 is a tough act to follow. The M3 is unquestionably a great car, in my view the best 4 seat sports car available today, and I've enjoyed every minute behind the wheel, including trips to Nurburgring and Zolder where the car was brilliant.
I was planning to get another M3 but at the last minute test drove the GTS and was hooked with the order placed the following day. I wasn’t expecting this to happen as a few months ago I drove a C2S and was not impressed but the GTS is such a massive improvement in every area over the C2S...
I realise the M3 and the GTS are not apples and apples but when behind the wheel of the GTS I’m willing to live with the impracticalities due to the sublime handling, feel, grip, and performance.
I’m going to Spa later this year and can’t wait to push the GTS towards 'my' limits of driving.
Anyway with the M3 going in a couple of weeks I have some parts which may be of interest to someone on here.

1. A full set of winter wheels and tyres (4 x 245/40R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin tyres with at least 6mm tread depth remaining + 4 x M6 Replica wheels).
2. A set of nearly new front and rear genuine BMW M3 sports brake pads. They provide phenomenal braking for track use but a bit noisy for everyday use.

Pictures are attached and if anyone interested in buying the above drop me a PM...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0