View Single Post
      03-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #51
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
My God, we are having a conversation on a sports car forum, a claim was made that needs answers. It has nothing to do with drawing lines in the sand, chest thumping, etc. Either way the sarcastic, chest beating crap is coming from BOTH sides, if that's how you look at it.

If you look at Sal's claims that Meth WILL blow the motor, they are fundamentally flawed, even if his claims how Meth affects ion-flow are true, do you know the knock suppressant characteristics of Meth? I know you do because you ran 14psi with it on your S54 with 91. They are as high as C16 race fuel, now unless the ion-flow KD completely turned off and then somehow added TONS of timing or made the ECU go totally lean, apparantly 12.6 is okay at redline with that boost level on 91 octane, then that motor is not gonna blow from the Meth, if anything it will protect it, that is the ONLY question here, we don't need an entire novel about why you don't need Meth if the hardware is immaculate, we get that, this is a completely different discussion. How in the world would this engine knock from too much timing and then blow up if it has such a high octane suppressant?

Yes you read it wrong Stephan, according to him it "WILL" happen, hence the reaction you saw here, I'm surprised that surprised you, lol.
The wording might not be correct, but bottom line everything is explained already in this thread. At least so that I could understand.
Appreciate 0