02-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #7
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
I still don't believe in this bulk/cut methodology. I understand pro's do it to a certain degree but that is totally different. For the average human just trying to stay in good shape, it does more harm than good. I believe you are better off just changing your diet to what suits you best, obviously including enough calories to gain muscle, but not so much where you gaining fat. You should have plenty of energy to blast the iron and gain muscle without the fat. It is a lot harder to shred up when you go fat and back, then compared to just staying lean from the start.
See, I respect that, but it really depends on one's situation and body composition. As you can tell from the "before" pics, I had nothing on me - no fat, no muscle. So, for aesthetic purposes, it would benefit me to gain plenty of muscle and some fat.

If this were my second bulk, things would be different. I wouldn't even consider attempting to gain 54# in 8 months, cause I would be just flat out fat as shit, and would be lucky if I gained 12-15 # of muscle in that time frame, even less if it were my third bulk.

So, for a first-timer bulking, this method is perfectly acceptable, in my opinion, just to put on some size (hopefully more muscle than fat).

From here on out, I might do just one more year-long bulk starting this August, but I only hope to gain about 5-6 # a month. After that, it will be "lean bulking", or, what you're implying.
Appreciate 0