View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #38
bvanderbilt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
True enough -- although the E9x M3s weigh 3700 lbs. 3400 would definitely be nice though.

As for other cars, it depends on what you're looking for. The M3 isn't the best at any one thing (horsepower, torque, price, handling, styling, practicality, etc) but I believe it's by far the best car on the market all things considered. But there are still a lot of really cool cars out there. One that I can't get out of my head is actually the Subaru BRZ...
3700 lbs is unladen weight (so with a 165lb driver and an almost full gas tank). Comparison curb weight of the E92 M3 is around 3560 lbs. I should be really close to the minimum with the way I like to option the car. I was too low at 3400 but 3560 is a spring chicken compared to the Mercedes or the Audi.

The BRZ is really awesome; I have met a bunch of owners thus far just walking up to compliment the car and all have been enthusiasts. I have an E46 M3 that fulfills "fun car" duties at the moment; I might replace that with a BRZ if I get interested enough but the E46 is so much car for the $$ these days that I'm not too tempted.

E92 M3 is my practical car of the bunch.
Appreciate 0