05-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #32
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Not to be rude but, are you out of your mind??

What possible advantage could an overpriced SUV have over the M3? Price is basically a wash between the two. And the RR will get like 10 MPG. Not that fuel price matters much when you are spending 60k anyway, but man that thing is going to burn through a tank in like 3 days.

If you are simply looking for more space - don't fall into the trap of married + kids = SUV or minivan. At the very least consider the M3 sedan.
No I am not that crazy, and I’m still considering the M3, but I will be leasing the car regardless of cost (I am an independent contractor and get to write off about 80% of my lease) and WE ALL KNOW that leasing figures on the M3 when it comes out WILL BE THROUGH THE ROOF.

Figure a well spec’d out M3 comes out to around $65K, which is what I honestly think, with about $2500-3500 down/drive off, I’ll probably be looking at monthly payments somewhere north of $1K a month. I realize that lease rates on the RR Sport aren’t too favorable now, but I would imagine that come sometime next year (when my lease is up on the S4), I can probably get an RR Sport for somewhere in the high $700 a month range.

I LOVE the look of the RR Sport, as does my wife. My plan is to drive the RR Sport for about 1-2 years, then give the lease to my wife, sell her X5 and use that cash to get the E92 M3 or a P-car, at which point lease rates on the E92 M3 will probably be easier to swallow. Also I’ve got a company gas card, so fortunately gas prices aren’t a concern to me.

You feel me?
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0