05-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #32
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litflynt912 View Post
Before I post my opinion...
I love Honda, I had an 07 civic and it was one of the most reliable cars I ever owned....(all I did was change the oil)
My wife has an 07 CRV and it is the best family car we have every owned....
I belive every manufacturer has strengths and weaknesess, and with that...

I own a 128i and here are the specs from honda on an Si

SiEngine TypeIn-Line 4-CylinderEngine Block/Cylinder HeadAluminum-AlloyDisplacement (cc)1998Horsepower @ rpm197 @ 7800Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm)139 @ 6100Redline (rpm)8000Bore and Stroke (mm)86 x 86Compression Ratio 11.0:1Valve Train16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC®Stainless Steel Exhaust ManifoldStandardMulti-Point Fuel InjectionStandardDrive-by-Wire™ Throttle SystemStandardFront-Wheel DriveStandardCARB Emissions RatingLEV-2Direct Ignition System with ImmobilizerStandard100K +/- Miles No Scheduled Tune-Ups*Standard

a 128i comes standard with the I6 with 230hp....not even trying to throttle it and giving up the acceleration of a 135(which is evident between the two 1's)

there is no way with out modifying the Si (which with current turbos would only bump you to 202Hp)
can a Civic Si overtake a 128i

I am not a hater...facts are facts...you can't push ponies you do not have...

With that being said....

Civic Si owners....you are not paying $4.00 a gl for gas so rejoice and be glad!!!! : ) : )
Excuse me, but how old are you? A Civic Si has a KZ20 engine I believe. It pushes out 197 ponies. So let me get this straight, if I put a turbo on the si I will get 5 more BHP? With a turbo you can expect around 240 BHP. I am sick of people who hate on other brands. It's definitely not a BMW, but Honda is an AMAZING car company. I for one love my honda and love bmw's. Thanks and have a good night. :wink:

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0