United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
BTW, track tires can also be quite dangerous at times... for example the michelin cup tires will give you basically no warning if they break loose. They have tons of grip, grip, grip, and even more grip - and then none - without warning, if you are not used to track with them. The AD08's are great, tons of grip and you feel (and hear) the limits. Run hard-core track tires, like the cups only if you have tons of expierience on the track.
+1. I love my cup tires, but I'm going back to street tires because I think they are still a bit above my skill level. I actually run faster times with street tires because I'm more comfortable riding on the limits of those tires. I've had the back tires break lose with my cups a few times and the back comes around VERY quickly. Luckily, i've had a lot of practice catching oversteer moments, but I definitely don't enjoy them when they aren't intentional. Also you need to run a lot of negative camber with the cups or you'll cord the outside pretty quickly. Unfortunately this is what happened to mine after about 4 and a half track days. Could have gone at least another 4 track days, but -1.8 degrees of camber just killed the outside. Great tire though.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0