Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
Awesome! I'm planning both days too. I didn't know if you wanted two days and I didn't want to impose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
is there a tech inspection for the track? what does the car need to pass?

also will there be sightseeing around ottawa or just track driving?
My understanding is that self-tech is fine, but there is a sound check for cars running exhausts. Ottawa is a fair bit away from Calabogie, but Calabogie itself is beautiful, and Mike-M3 has some scenic routes planned for the drive in and out. You're also more than welcome to suggest places to drive by or visit during our time up there.

Here is an excerpt from the CMP site on what to do in preparation of their track days:

===============

Arrive no later than 7:45 as you will need time to register and get your car’s annual sound check

The mandatory drivers meeting is at 8:30 am

Ensure that your car is road worthy with at least 50% of your brake pad material present. Tires must have a minimum of 3/32nd inch of tread depth across the entire tread. Slicks may not be allowed on the track if we experience rain during the event

Fill up your gas tank prior to arrival – gas is available at Stinson’s gas bar located at Mumford’s restaurant in Calabogie village

Empty your car of all loose objects when you arrive – this includes floor mats, GPS units, cell phones, coffee cups, etc

Bring along your helmet (helmets are available for rent at the track)
We suggest sunscreen, insect repellent, and sun glasses

Long pants and closed toe shoes are mandatory – short sleeve shirts are allowed. We recommend soft-soled shoes like sneakers or driving shoes

Upon arrival, (use the far gate) report to the registration area to receive your wrist band, run group coloured sticker, and further instructions

In the event of mechanical difficulty, limited technical assistance is available at the Kanata Ford/Speed Merchants located at the track

Lunch is included in your entry fee

Water is available and a small snack bar can be found in the pit area

Please respect the speed limits on the way to and from the track, especially on the roads that pass through the communities in the vicinity of Calabogie Motorsports Park. Good neighbours make our operation much easier!
================
Appreciate 0