View Single Post
      02-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #18
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Geez, sharp - that does indeed sound quite harsh. Obviously you're doing fine, I suppose, as you are driving a nice 325i but nevertheless, you do indeed show a bit of concern about abandoning your friends and family in taking a move.

If I were in your shoes, my biggest concern for moving would rest on the simple concept of whether I would want to raise my own children in such a town. Would you want to propagate this endless cycle of being stuck in Hazleton upon your own kids?

On the other side, though - I moved from Sacramento CA to San Diego CA with absolutely no friends (for college). While it's a totally different scenario to your post-school era, I was able to fare well with making new friends and starting anew. In your case, however, it would probably be really hard to make new friends outside of such a colloquial environment like a university (bars? fitness clubs? work? the beaches, parks? I don't know).

I wouldn't say you're a coward though - that really would be a huge leap. Sorry man about your situation, though - I sympathize with what Hazleton has to go through.