04-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #67
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanz_S65 View Post
I just ordered a M3, and now that people at work are spreading the news the first question I get is about the price...somehow people lose any tact they may hold that keeps them from asking ones salary, or home price but feel the price of a car is fair game. After I give them a broad ball park they guess the monthly payment and make a statement about how I could have two cars for what I'm paying...

I don't even try to explain the masterpiece that these cars are anymore because it's something that you can't fully grasp until you drive or own one. Non-car and especially non-BMW people will never understand how we value these cars.

The good thing is, if having the "burden" of people understating the value of our M3's is our biggest problem then life won't be too bad

Btw, I sprung for individual paint too because I enjoy distinguishing myself from the crowd as much as a CPO buyer probably enjoys saving the depreciation. All a matter of personal preference.
Well said. Which Individual color did you get?