slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I should say that the sleeve-over kits allow you to corner balance the car. That is a plus for track use...
And the sleeve kits come with camber plates. Springs + camber plates = $750ish...which is just about a sleeve kit new, and the cost of a barely used one...like I have.

If it's for looks only...just get a lowering kit, but if you want better function...you should grab another -1.5 of front camber with camber plates.

You can get -1.8 negative camber with stock suspension (if u pull the pins). An addition -1.5 would be usable on the track but I wouldn't recommend it on the street as you will burn through tires quicker.

To be clear - I don't have anything against sleeve-over kits. I would personally choose a sleeve over kit for my use because I would want to lower the car far more than 10mm. Plus the ability to adjust camber would be nice. There is no denying that it is great to have the extra flexibility of a sleeve-over kit. I recommended springs Because the OP seems to desire a conservative set-up.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0