07-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #31
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzentruber View Post
I'm sorry, but anyone that requires DSC to "save their bacon" on the road (in anything but severely traction compromised situations) really shouldn't be driving this car. Some of these recent threads about the trouble people get into simply turning the DSC off make me think there's a decent number of people buying this car that shouldn't. If you can't handle the car in controlled circumstances with DSC off, there's a good chance you can't handle the car with DSC on in a panic/emergency situation.

I'm not mentioning this as a reason to drive around on the street with DSC off; frankly if it's that intrusive, you are probably driving poorly. However, if DSC off gets you in that much trouble, such jumping medians or spinning the car, I'd say it's time to either get a different car more within your driving limits, or get some classes to improve your driving skills stat.
this is crap. the reason why accidents are lower these days (and also much less severe) is because of the electronic nannies that protect you in situations beyond your control. the big muscle cars of the 70s crashed all the time. even the good drivers crashed em

you are giving your self FAR too much credit as a good driver
Appreciate 0