View Single Post
      04-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #63
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
You are correct, I overlooked that. I got ~15k on my rear PS2s, and 20k+ on the fronts, so if these last longer their warranty would not be in jeopoardy. And I'm sure it is prorated, so if you burn through the fronts in 25k you would be looking at a nominal credit. How they react to those who track their cars or drag race is an interesting question. Presumably you would have to carry a passenger, since this is a passenger car warranty!

Michelin's calculation that you can double your mileage by rotating seems pretty optimistic.
This is exactly right. M3's with staggered setups that buy Pilot Super Sports will have 30K mile warranty on the front, and 15K mile warranty for the rear. Reimbursement is prorated, so let's say you got 1/2 the stated mileage, you would receive a 50% credit through the warranty.

30K for the fronts seems a tad optimistic, but we'll have to see how it goes. As long as the fronts are lasting 25K or so, their liabilities under warranty would be fairly limited.