United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
And we have had discussions in the past, numerous numerous numerous times, about how we will help each other handle things differently, but when I do try to calm her down from the start, she is clearly still fuming, which allows it to get drawn out. She can not let things go like I can, and when she keeps at it, my attitude will severely alter and I will become nasty in return.

I guess it goes hand in hand with, if you can't respect me enough to talk to me like your SO after a few minutes, why should I try and butter things up to make her feel better? Wouldn't that be lying (in a sense)?

Your girlfriend's attitude sounds very similar to a previous girlfriend of mine. She would also tell me that the relationship is a struggle for her because I was somehow always making it difficult. I'm not sure how I was doing that because I'm a pretty easy going guy. Basically what it came down to was everything had to be done her way, and any objection or suggestion to it was me being difficult. Of course there has to be compromise in every relationship, I just wasn't cool with it being from me 100% of the time.

I'm not sure if your situation is similar. From the sounds of it though, I most likely wouldn't want to continue down the current path if I were in your shoes.