View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #29
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
Well this is just one sample. The video in my signature has a slightly faster supercharged lap, but I can't find the data for it anymore. When I say I'm consistent I mean my clean laps are generally within a second of each other. And I get just a little bit faster with each event I attend. I've only done 16 track days in my life so yes I have so much to learn. But when I look at all of my times on average between 2 different race tracks, the difference between being supercharged and not is pretty much non existent. That's all I can say.

Confidence has nothing to do with it. I'm very comfortable with oversteer (as seen in my videos). I'm on the gas just as hard with or without the supercharger. I just don't feel much difference at all.
A. Oversteer is slower.

B. When top speeds are higher everywhere and cornering speeds are lower, that comes down to driver, and possibly chassis set up with the additional power. The car is faster with the S/C. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying that you can't drive by any means. Those are some good times for sure. But to say that a S/C car is not faster on track because you were now faster on track with a S/C isn't the right reasoning.
Appreciate 0