View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #17
XeroZeus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeti View Post
Well - I don't know that there is too much different between 2008 and 2010. CCC and CIC on nav front for one - not sure if you have nav though.

But between M3 and 335 with jb4 that I can help with (mine was 135i with Dinan II)... the M3 is simply the real deal. The power is throughout. It's linear. The torque jump we had with the boosted x35 engines is gone, you'll have to relearn your off the line techniques.

Now my 335xi, 135i and now m3 are all within 1 year of each other so I can't really tell what's new. But from what I've read, other than the nav - not much.

Enjoy the new car, glad you got out of the Tbone. With a BMW it's expected, but still!
A few different things on the first day -

1) The car runs a lot hotter than the 335i? I was slightly over 210 degrees and it was 65 outside tonight. The 335i never passed 210.

2) The car roars nicely at around 3k RPM. I feel like I need to shift to the next gear (grandma driving) and then I realize that I am only at 2200 - 3000 rpms and I smile

3) I need to learn all about "M" mode. I plan on going through the manual in the next few days - I have no clue about DCT / Power button or any of those marvelous buttons. I just know I like to go fast
Appreciate 0