View Single Post
      02-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
PutterMcGavin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 M5, '08 E61 535xi

Well, I bought one of those $100 DDM VS Style CF lips...

After taking what felt like a couple years to receive (3 weeks...) I finally got the lip. Total cost $100 "clearance", $46 shipping. It came in a HUGE box with decent packaging but nothing like stuff I've received from IND. Pulled it out and everything looks good. Not blow you away quality like others that cost 10x or 20x the price but I guarantee 98.9% of people wouldn't know the difference.

It didn't come with any mounting hardware so a trip to Lowes was in order. Instead of just using tape I bought various SS hardware pieces to make the install as good as possible. Bolts, washers, rubber washers, lock nuts, etc. Yes I had to drill the bottom of my bumper but you would NEVER notice unless you crawl under the car. Install was easy and straight forward, just had to remove the front wheels and front wheel well linings (EASY). Sorry no picks of that stuff, was too excited!

Fitment I will admit was NOT perfect but better than most reps out there. Some small gaps and the ends are a hair short (I could have pulled them more but didn't want to put undue stress on the lip). After some black silicone though it looks perfect though! Tip, when using the silicone, FIRST put masking tape on both the bumper AND the lip around the crease. Fill the crease with the silicone and then remove the tape, clean professional line!

Overall I'm incredibly excited about it and it looks FANTASTIC! Questions are welcome as are requests for additional pics!

Anyway time for the pics. Sorry the car is dirty so ignore some of the light dust!

Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 09-19-2012 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0