View Single Post
      02-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #46
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Which is why I made the comment about bs dyno sheets. I also have the AA Pulley and I can tell you that it doesn't give you 10hp. I trapped 108mph in Alabama granted it was hot as hell that day but even corrected it was 111mph with MS intake filter and AA Pulley. I add my exhaust and I'm trapping 116mph or 115mph corrected due to the negative DA. If I was to add up the advertised HP from my mods, then I should be pulling a lot higher numbers. Point being, I don't believe in dyno sheets especially when they are provided by vendors.

As far as the spend 1000 bucks comment, I can spend 90 bucks on a filter and get the same results. There's been plenty of reports of the quality issues with that intake. Heres one I found with a quick search.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=133
Ok point taken on the quality of the MS filter. But what about Dinnan? They are the most well known tuner for bmws and have known to be on the conservative side of things. On their website their intake charge kit ~10peak hp and ~11 peak hp for their pulley system. Similar pricing. So Dinnan numbers are bs as well? Only your trap speed on a hot day count as fact?
Appreciate 0