08-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///austin View Post
Well, I would like to get an X5 etc., but the dealer we have bought so many cars from over the past few years is not really wanting to work the numbers. The deals they are doing on '09s would be appropriate for the 2010 models.

Best number on trade on my car was actually from a Lexus dealer. I just asked about getting an RX at invoice because my wife likes those.

With the .9 financing on the convertible it's hard to give that up. Plus, even though it's not an M, it is a cool ride--all black, sport package etc.
The RX at invoice is still going to net the dealer money but if you can swing that it doesn't look like you're getting hammered. I don't pay much attention to TV ads, but I thought I heard something about the "Lexus ____ Event" last night with 0% or something like that. If that's the case, and it's available in TX, invoice at 0% is a good deal.

Even though many will tell you to keep the M3 (and I'll admit I'm partial to that myself on a emotional level) you need to do what you need to do to make the best financial decision here IMO. It looks like you've ruled out the other lower cost options (used this and that) so this may be your best financial solution.
Appreciate 0