View Single Post
      02-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
ArkieTex
Rep
Drives: 997

Looking to order - Target over invoice?

Hi everybody,

So I'm looking to place an order on an E92 M3, and I'm trading in my current car. I did some searching and saw that alot of you guys are getting your cars for $600 over invoice from Ryan Amico, but he's in California and I'm in Austin, TX. My question is if this price has been on custom ordering a car or if you guys are getting $600 over on cars on the lot? I was thinking that there may not be as much bargaining flexibility if I were to order a car to my specs, but maybe I'm wrong?

I considered emailing some dealers in Dallas and Houston, but I'm getting a pretty fair trade in value on a car with an unclean Carfax and I don't really feel like driving all over the place to get trade in values on my car. I already had a dealer in Houston tell me he would not honor the trade in value of another dealer secondary to the unclean Carfax and that I would have to bring in the car to get a trade in value.

Also, I had a 2006 330ci but got rid of it about 2 years (26 months) ago. Would I still qualify for an owner loyalty bonus? If so, how much?

So what do you think I should aim for? Am I approaching this correctly in bargaining with "Sell me the car for $x over invoice?" Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0