View Single Post
      02-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #11
Richard@M-World
United_States
Rep
Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nition View Post
So I see that a few of you have asked for a review of these pads and I'll go ahead and give it a go. I've had these pads for about 3,000 miles. I have done a full day on the track with these and plenty of abuse. These pads were installed along with Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines and Ate Super Gold.

My verdict is that these do not provide the fade resistance required for a full day at the track. I did a total of 6 20-minute sessions on the track (Thunderhill) with about 20-30 minutes in between each session. They held up well in the first 3 sessions but were fading after that. The 6th session was just brutal. They were fading so badly that I decided to pit early to let them rest. I am not a seasoned track driver. Hence, I think these will not take the abuse of a good driver. However, these provide excellent stopping power and are perfect for aggressive street driving.

On the street, these make no noise at all. The braking feels much more natural (if this makes sense at all) than the stock setup. It seems to be fairly gentle on the rotors as well, but only time will tell. All in all, I think it's definitely worth the money. The description is pretty accurate. It's great for the street and >>LIGHT<< track use.
This is a very fair review The stock rotors tend to have higher operating temperatures on the track and would likely exceed the operating temperature of the Street Performance pads. On the other hand, BBK rotors tend to stay cooler, so the SP pads can remain consistent over a longer period of time on the track.