05-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #48
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Why is it not obvious to everyone that this is not a quality control issue with Braille but more of a wrong application. I mentioned early on that you guys are reducing your electrical capacity by over 66% and now you wonder why your batteries are dying?
Definitely do not agree with this. This is the easy, knee jerk type of reaction. You have found a shred of evidence supporting your early guess and now you have "validation". Perhaps you can explain why we have two new batteries that have 12.7 and 12.3 VDC? This is far from normal variation.

Keep in mind that BMW's minumum spec is something like 12.3-12.5 (wish I could quote the exact number).

All of us doing this mod realize we won't be able to sit parked at freezing temperatures, listening to an aftermarket sound system with the lights on for hours. This is more or less the extra capacity the OEM battery has. For those in warm climates, despite its reduced extra capacity, this battery should be a perfectly workable solution.

That being said I am waiting for an official reply from HP as to whether or not this battery is fully certified for Comfort Access equiped cars. HP??
Appreciate 0