View Single Post
      09-26-2016, 11:06 PM   #494
Wisco M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
Just putting this here to let you know the car does alright when driven correctly.http://scca-chicago.com/wp-content/S...vent-6-pax.htm
Anything different with the setup? Did you finally try 285s all the way around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco M3 View Post
I've not added it, and I don't have any service records complaining of the noise from the previous owners.

I've only just started to notice the problem. It's not happened at previous track days or autox's. Might it be possible that the diff fluid has broken down enough to start creating this issue?
Did some investigatory work this past weekend and the results will be time consuming for me. The bottom of the dust shield on the passenger side rear brake shows signs of rubbing from the bottom side of the brake disc E-brake drum. The alarming part is it's only the bottom of the bracket that rubs when hot and only on hard left hand turns.

I also turned my radio down finally and shifted into low gear and took a hard left turn... and got to listen to the soothing signs of a failed wheel bearing. 51,000 miles on a 2011 and there's already a failed wheel bearing? I didn't realize I bought a C4/C5 Corvette....

Anyways - time for my first m3 wheel bearing R&R. Fun.
Appreciate 0