Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
Also I was responding to Otto's post about the LS7 being underpowered for a 7 liter. It is not but he doesn't know what he is looking at...
Cmon, you know its underpowered for its ginormous size... 71hp/l its right inline with a Nissan Altima: 250hp/3.5L = 71hp/l. And even the Honda Accord 3.0l beats it with 80hp/l. So ya, I stand by my statement that it is underpowered. I know that a good tune is probably already available and 620hp is just a matter of ecu manipulation, but even that still only nets 88hp/l.
*Quick research showed that SC required to net 600+. Tunes only getting about 40-50whp... interesting...
**Even more interesting is this quote I found (mind you this is on a Vette forum):Given what we know about this engine, and what we've heard implied from GM execs, it appears that this engine is at about 95% from the factory and I wouldn't tune this engine at all. I also would not put a CAI on it (for a couple of reasons, messing up tuning being only one). Therefore IMHO there is no such thing as a safe tune for a stock engine, other than the one that came with it.If I had work done on it (porting, cam, whatever) I have someone like Katech conservatively tune it -- given their track and dyno experience.
-Corvette forum link Here

Either way, my beef isnt with the Camaro. Its a fine car and it will do all the tire smoking and track ass kicking and drag race destruction that GM says it will. It will dominate all over the place and thats a great possibility. My cousin is sure to get one and he will talk shit to me all day. Got it. Dont care.

My problem is with GM.
-They still will use inferior materials that costs less to produce so interior will reak of plastic junk.
-I am not surprised they are using a pre-existing motor so 1)No R&D Costs. 2)Already have parts manufactures contracted out. 3)Costs less when you can make one item for multiple cars.

Its all standard money making bs being fed to the GM die hards and it will be gobbled up by the truckloads keeping the shitty non-consumer oriented megalomaniacal cogs turning. Im sure this car will cost less to manufacture than the standard Coupe does now. They will high five themselves to the bank. And then the recalls will start...

For the price, get a good euro car and be much happier.