View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #126
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
If they really wanted to keep the "gem" they could've saved a lot of money by just adding direct injection. Exactly what gm is doing with there ls3....
It's not coincidence that I don't want any of my cars to be DI. Thus why the next car I'll add to the M3 will be a 997.1 Turbo. At this point, I have no interest in dealing with carbon build up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
Had this 2012 m3 after selling my MR 2008 m3

Got this

Why?
Because I realized I had more fun driving my e30, than I do in the e92
Ideally I'd have an e30 m3 with a s65
An E30 with an S65 completely defeats the purpose of having an E30 M3 in the first place. It's all about balance.

Having said that, she's beautiful. I need to get my E30 back on the road. It's just such a classic look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
Yes its a v8. Im not a 0-60 guy, nor do i care about racing stoplight to stoplight. From a performance perspective it definitely feels faster than the M3, even tho i know its not. If you've driven one you know what I mean. The AWD allows for no tire spin off the line which i like more bc i dont have to worry about tire spin like I did on the RWD M. The r8 also feels way more planted and hugs the road so nicely. I came from a supercharged M3 and from a driveability standpoint, i much prefer the R8. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

Regarding looks, this car has gotten more attention in the last 2 days than my M3 got in a year (ive been driving it a lot since Friday). The r8 draws camera phones everywhere, and Ive gotten the same amount of attention from women as from men, young and old, while driving or parked. Its spurred multiple coversations at gas stations and other stores, and when people inside stores see it pull up they come out and stare at the car. I actually didnt expect to get that much attention and have almost been hit twice while driving already from people trying to catch up and take pictures of the car. Its crazy! I like that it puts a smile on people's faces.
Are you worried about carbon build up at all? I love the way these things look, nothing like it out there. Congrats!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0